What is it about?
Join us September 15 - 16th to make the first steps around Stories for Europe with us.
The purpose of the gathering is to co-create ideas how new narratives about the future of Europe can be developed, shared and spread and to connect people interested in shaping the future story of Europe. The guiding questions for the event are:
- What does Europe mean for us today?
- What are our hopes and fears for and around Europe?
- What is Europe calling us to do?
- How can we shape the stories of Europe?
*** No matter which language you speak, you are welcome. The event is multi-lingual. We will translate on site. ***
Akademie für Handwerksdesign Gut Rosenberg der Handwerkskammer Aachen – Horbacher Straße 319 – 52072 Aachen, NRW, Deutschland
Aachen is one of Europe’s historic capitols and is considered the oldest centre of the united Europe. Charlemagne is buried in the cathedral there. For us, it seems fitting to return to this place to develop and share stories about what Europe’s future might look like.
- Friday September 15, 2017. 15:00 – Evening
- Saturday September 16, 2017. 09:00 – 16:00
The Stories-for-Europe Kick-Off will be a highly interactive format, building on different facilitation methodologies to establish an environment that invites dialogue and co-creation and embraces the expression of different points of view.
The format and program of the Kick-Off will reflect core values that are needed to shape the future of Europe together:
- Willingness to listen to the stories, hopes and fears of others
- Openness for diversity and the acceptance that there are different points of view
- Contibuting and sharing our own stories
The program is currently in development but it will revolve around our guiding questions and support us in building connection and spark ideas.
Friday September 15, 2017. 15:00 – Evening
- Opening and Welcome – About stories for Europe
- Get-to-know each other
- Connecting to the topic: What does Europe mean for us today?
- The shape of things to come: What are our hopes and fears for and around Europe?
- Harvesting Day 1
- Sharing stories, further connecting and networking in the evening
Saturday September 16, 2017. 09:00 – 16:00
- Welcome Day 2
- Emerging narratives: Imagining futures for Europe
- From idea to action: What is Europe calling us to do?
- From idea to action: How can we co-create and shape the stories of Europe?
- Closing and farewell
Stories for Europe is run as a not-for-profit event that depends on the shared funding of the expenses.
The tickets will serve to pay the room and the catering. Therefore we try to keep the ticket prices as low as possible. For covering the fees we set the ticket price at 70 Euro + VAT and registration fee for each person. We also know that this amount is a lot for many European citizens!
Therefore we also released Scholarship tickets. These are intended only for people who can not afford the regular fee.
We also released Supporter tickets for those who want to support the project by a donation. So please use the possibility to support if you can by using the option sponsorship ticket by just typing a sum you are willing to pay for the ticket. Each person who donates will get a receipt for tax billing.
- Access to the event and the harvest of the event
- Dinner on Sept 15 and Lunch on Sept 16